The Country of Marriage

I give you what is unbounded, passing from dark to dark,
containing darkness: a night of rain, an early morning.
I give you the life I have let live for the love of you:
a clump of orange-blooming weeds beside the road,
the young orchard waiting in the snow, our own life
that we have planted in the ground, as I have planted mine in you. I give you my love...

Wendell Berry

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oil Pulling?

I know... I am an awful blogger. I will blog and then... stop... for a long time.
I think, mostly because I lack inspiration. Where does it come from? How do you get it back?

Anyways. This morning, I tried something called "Oil Pulling". I almost gagged. It was so gross.

Most likely, you have no idea what it is, because I had no idea what it was until yesterday. You put a tablespoon of vegetable oil- most people say you should use sunflower oil, or flax oil, I used coconut because it is what I had- in your mouth first thing in the morning. You then swish the oil around in your mouth "pulling" it between your teeth. Oh, and you do this for 20 minutes. Then spit it out, clean out your mouth, and go about your day.

What is it supposed to do? It is supposed to rid your mouth of all sorts of nasty bacteria that you can't rid just by brushing. It is also supposed to help whiten your teeth...if you look it up you will see all sorts of benefits listed. I won't list them all because I am a bit skeptical.

So, I "oil pulled" today. As I mentioned- super gross, but I decided to try it for a week, just to see, just because I am curious. I took my tablespoon of oil first thing in the morning, and since I am not going to wake up any earlier to do this, I swished and pulled while I took a shower, washed my face and got dressed. That put me at about 20 minutes and not behind schedule- woot! Any results today? Not really, though it did feel like my teeth and gums were a little more sensitive this morning. The oil pulling really did clean my mouth out.

Anywho, I will let you know how it goes.

Last weekend we went up to New York to visit the family and go to a bridal shower for one of my best friends. It was so nice to see everyone again, even if it was such a short trip! Below is a picture of grandpa that I really like... because he found something really funny :)

I have been studying a lot about marriage lately, and biblical wifehood. I will share more of my thoughts some other time on that.


- the Neglectful Blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment