The Country of Marriage

I give you what is unbounded, passing from dark to dark,
containing darkness: a night of rain, an early morning.
I give you the life I have let live for the love of you:
a clump of orange-blooming weeds beside the road,
the young orchard waiting in the snow, our own life
that we have planted in the ground, as I have planted mine in you. I give you my love...

Wendell Berry

Monday, June 13, 2011

Horror of horrors...

I have a little phobia... of moths. When a bunch of little tiny moths invaded my apartment, I was not the happiest, but they are moths, whats the worst that could happen? My first clue that these were not the run of the mill moths was when they were not flocking to lights like normal moths. That's weird. Puzzling. Something is wrong. So, eventually, I thought they will just go away, they are little moths, easily ignored. Well. They kept to themselves and made babies. Lots of little white worms crawling on the ceilings. Now I am worried. Grossed out, I feel sick to my stomach. I research these little worms and moths. Come to find out, they are meal moths. Which means, they feed on dry goods. Now, fact number 2 about me- I love to bake. So now, I have these frightful moths eating my hobby. I hate these buggers. They are eating my flour, marshmallows, white baking chocolate, etc. They have wrecked my pantry. This is a nightmare. Thankfully Jesse rescued me when he saw how distraught I was. I think I would have lost my stomach otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment