The Country of Marriage

I give you what is unbounded, passing from dark to dark,
containing darkness: a night of rain, an early morning.
I give you the life I have let live for the love of you:
a clump of orange-blooming weeds beside the road,
the young orchard waiting in the snow, our own life
that we have planted in the ground, as I have planted mine in you. I give you my love...

Wendell Berry

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Working on Home-Sweet-Home

Its only... 10 days until the wedding? I am in Pennsylvania now, this week I have been working on getting our apartment ready. Painting..,. moving things in. Pictures to come soon :) I suppose that this is a distraction from being productive. I decided to start a blog, so that our friends and family in NY and Philly can see what is going on here, what me and Jesse are up to.

Its been an adventure, getting the apartment ready. We have been painting, hot chocolate brown for the family room/kitchen and an elephant grey for our bedroom. We ran into a few... interesting moments trying to move the couches into the apartment. Steve came over to help me move them, we got the first couch into the apartment... it was tricky, there are a lot of corners! The couch is currently stuck in the guest bedroom, we can't get it out. The second couch was heavier, we got it up the stairs, at which point we realized it would not even fit in the door. Steve wanted to take the couch back down, I was afraid that the couch was too heavy, and that we wouldn't be able to handle it. So we waited , on top of the stairs, the couch half on the landing at the top of the stairs, the other half in the air. I called Barb (Jesse's mom) and she came and helped us get the couch safely outside again. I am so grateful to everyone who has helped us move things in, paint, organize, and get things together for the apartment. It has all been such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment